Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Odd sized jars?

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:12:50 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

>I was reading through a couple of Ball Blue Books and some
>other canning books today and saw a reference to using
>1 1/2 pint jars. (3 cups) Has anyone ever seen these
>or was it a typo? Did they mean 1 1/2 CUP (18 oz.)
>which exist but aren't that easy to find?
>
>gloria p

They were produced by Ball but I don't know exactly when, but I
bought several boxes probably in the 1980's. I still have a dozen or
so and would love to find more.

They do hold 3 cups. They are the same height has a quart jar and
look like a tall wide mouth pint. I love them for pickled asparagus
and a good size for veggies for 2. However they do not leave the
house.
--
Susan N.