Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Tough Garbanzo Beans

Serene wrote:

>> I have never seen "fresh" garbanzo beans. All I've ever seen is canned
>> and packages of dried. Do they actually sell fresh garbanzos?

> We see them here, but that's in Berkeley, where odd foodstuffs are normal.
> I'm not sure if they're available other places in the US or not. I do see
> some food blog posts about them from time to time.

I bought some from the Roseville Whole Foods earlier this year. While they
were okay, I don't think they were worth the trouble, and I won't buy them
again. I thought I had posted about it at the time (I was also cooking
sweetbreads that night), but Google can't find any such post.

Bob