Posted to rec.food.cooking
Don Martinich Don Martinich is offline

Default Sweet Hungarian paprika substitute?

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> There's a chicken dish I'd like to try, but can't find the sweet
> Hungarian paprika recommended. Any ideas on what to substitute?

Spanish and generic paprika do *not* have the same flavor as Hungarian
paprika.
You can get it online but the shipping will double the cost at the
least. But, it does come in 5oz. cans and that will last a while. The
brand I'm talking about is Pride of Szeged Sweet Paprika from Hungary.
(they also ship the hot variety) You can find it at some major
supermarkets here in N.California, so you might search a little more.
You should at least try it to see the difference.

D.M.