Posted to rec.food.preserving
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Canning jars

Was in the local Big Lots store yesterday and they had lids and jars on
a pallet. Bought a case of eight ounce (half-pint) canning jars with
lids and rings for $7.00. The price on lids was okay but nothing
spectacular, bought six boxes of a dozen for $1.25 a box, about half the
cost of lids in the local supermarkets so I'm happy. Can always use
another case of half pints when you're jelling and jamming.

Getting a very good rain right now, according to the radar it is coming
from the rain bands accompanying Hurricane Alex ashore. Wherever it's
from we appreciate it, this is the first rain of any consequence we've
had this summer. Rain gauge is at three-fourths of an inch at the moment
and it's still raining.