Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Price alert: Beef tenderloin at Costco

On 26-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:

> On 6/26/2010 12:25 AM, Zz Yzx wrote:
> > I just bought a whole beef tenderloin at Costco in Vacaville, CA, for
> > $8.99/lb.
> >
> > Like it or not, it's a good price, I think,
> >
> > -Zz

> It may be a good price, but not a price I purchase at.
>
> BBQ

I buy them untrimmed, 3 to a bag for $4.99/lb. Only one store that I've
ever seen does that though. I buy NY strips and Delmonico, whole
and untrimmed also. It may not be such a good deal if you don't have
a use for the trimmings. The trimmings from tenderloin are pretty
poor. I use them in curry like concoctions which I eat with eggs or
rice. The steak trimmings make pretty good chili. I partially render
those first to separate the lard and then make the chili. The result
is a very rich, beefy chili.

--
Brick (Too soon old and too late smart)