Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Unflavored Gelatin Expiration date

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:50:01 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> As to yeast, I only buy the granular form and keep it in the freezer.
> I've never had a problem with it working regardless the age.

You think ahead, I don't. So it sits there until it's past the
expiration date and *then* I use it. The only time I had trouble was
with yeast that was at least two years past expiration. That's why I
always proof yeast first. It's usually good, but every now and then
it's not.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.