Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Quantity suggestions (pulled pork for 200 sandwiches)

On 6/12/2010 1:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:33:59 -0500, bbq wrote:
>
>> A pork shoulder is 11-14 lbs. Let's say average is 12. 8 pork shoulders
>> and a 7 lb butt will get you the 100 lbs. to start with.

> A whole shoulder, but he said butts. A boneless butt from CostCo
> is going to weight about 7-7.5lbs.

True. I forgot he specified butt as I was typing out my response.
The boneless butts at Cub are around 4-5 lbs. Kinda small. They are tied
up. After cooking, a PIA to cut and pull the string.

> And you should be getting your butts at Costco even if they costs
> an extra $.20/lb.

Have been to a Sams club around here. Never been to Costco though.

BBQ