Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ceed[_3_] ceed[_3_] is offline

Default Mass market bbq sauce.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:28:52 -0500, Stormmee >
wrote:

> none of it all that, could you share your recipe, Lee

Barbecue Sauce

3 bottles Heinz chili sauce
1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup liquid smoke (Pecan or Oak)
1 1/2 cup good quality apple cider vinegar (reduce a little if you want it
less tangy)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cup brewed strong black coffee (french roast, but not espresso which
is too strong for this)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients. Simmer for (at least!) 20 minutes.

This is not a purist sauce and some will frown upon the liquid smoke, so
I'm not expecting everyone to like this, but my family and guests sure do!

--
//ceed