Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Mass market bbq sauce.

I buy the stuff on sale and use it as a base. Lately, I have been
buying Sweet Baby Ray's because they have the large sizes at Big Lots
pretty cheap.

I don't use sauce on anything but pulled pork. Not on brisket
(NEVER!), chicken, or even pork chops. Just one quick pass on ribs,
and a super thinned version on pulled pork.

I cut the sauce from the bottle at least 50/50 with apple cider
vinegar, then add onion flakes, black pepper, a little salt, and some
red pepper flakes, all to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes and it's
ready.

If we don't have company that might want to use it, a bottle of
barbecue sauce can last me for months. Still, it is a cheap and
convenient base for better things.

Robert