Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_3_] pavane[_3_] is offline

Default Grilled Cheese - Mayo on the outside

"jmcquown" > wrote in message ...
| "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
| > On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:50:35 -0400, "jmcquown" >
| > wrote:

| >>(snippage)
| >>
| >>When my mother made grilled cheese she put the mayo on the inside and
| >>buttered the outside. Makes more sense, if one wants mayo on a grilled
| >>cheese sandwich. I don't.
| >
| > I always melt butter in the pan, I've never buttered the bread, never
| > thought to, makes no sense... when you fry eggs do you butter the raw
| > yolks...

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Separate the yolk and white,
and have some warmish melted butter around. Put some of the melted
butter in the palm of one hand and slide the yolk into it, swirl around
gently and voila! a buttered egg yolk. The trick is getting the whites
and the buttered yolk together again to fry them, the whites tend to
reject the buttered yolk.

pavane