Posted to rec.food.equipment
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Spraying butter?

NTLA (Not Too Long Ago), I decided to make an(other) apple crisp.
Fruit was to be Fuji or Gala or a mix of those apples, with the
typical streusel topping, augmented with a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon.

My earlier tries resulted in rather soggy toppings, anything but
"crisp". This time I followed the standard procedure, but about 5-8
minutes before the dish was done, I brushed the topping with melted
butter, using a silicone brush. VOILA! Crisp as concrete! Flavor was
good, crunch was definitely there, and no nuts were needed (can't eat
them).

It occurs to me that if there were such a device as a butter-sprayer,
that is, something that could spray a mist of melted butter onto the
crisp, it would be a boon to humanity. Not only that, but if it could
also spray EVOO, roasting those veggies would be improved also.

Since I am about as proficient in baking as I am in speaking fluent
Afghan, or Urdu, or whatever it is, I throw this question out to those
more knowledgable than I.

Is there such a device? If not, how have you addressed this problem?

TIA, Alex