Angela Anderson

Default Does Champagne go bad?

It is just as well the bottle has never been opened, because once opened it
will lose the fizz quickly (flat Champagne isn't nice!) and go bad through
oxidisation within a couple of days.

Otherwise, it should keep for a few years, but unless it is a great
Champagne - and I have never heard of Corbel - don't expect it to keep
improving. My advice? Drink it up.

Angela
"PRV8EYE" > wrote in message
> I have a bottle of Corbel Champagne I received for my wedding three years

ago.
> The bottle has never been opened.
> Does champagne go bad? Does the taste change after three years if the

bottle is
> unopened?
> I know some will say "just taste it" but, since I'm not a champagne

drinker, I
> want to give it to someone else. I don't want to end up giving them cider

<G>.