Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Substituting 2% milk for whole milk.

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:47:19 +0000 (UTC), Handy Gandy
> wrote:

> > I'd use 2%, but I would not boil it.
> >
> > Steve

> If you do not boil it how can you be sure the egg is safely cooked?

Eggs only need to reach a minimum 160° F and they don't need to stay
at that temperature for any sustained amount of time.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...wers/index.asp

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.