Posted to rec.food.cooking
Monica Pignotti Monica Pignotti is offline

Default Monica Pignotti: WHY SHE WAS FIRED FROM FSU!!

On Feb 14, 12:55*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *Pennyaline > wrote:
> > On 2/13/2010 22:59, Dan Abel wrote:

> > > Who says?

> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio

> > > "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
> > > non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
> > > be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."

> > > When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
> > > they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
> > > anybody to know who they are.

> > But... but... but I... <arg!>

> > Will I ever learn to not make a joke in this group?

> Or you'll learn, the hard way, like I did, that you have to say that
> it's a joke. *I worked at a University for 25 years. *Although I was on
> the staff, I did interact with the faculty some, and I taught a few
> classes. *There were basically two types of faculty, permanent and
> temporary. *The permanent could not be fired, although the President
> laid off 24 tenured faculty one year, and since it was obvious to
> *everyone* that he got rid of the ones he didn't like, we got censured
> by a national faculty organization, and the local court become a
> revolving door for those faculty (after the first couple, the judge
> didn't want to hear the cases, just ordered that they be rehired, with
> full back pay). *Temporary faculty could, and were, let go at the end of
> their contract (maximum one year, often one semester). *We had one
> "temporary" faculty member who had been there 20 years. *He had a Phd in
> the field, and was published. *But the other faculty in that department
> didn't think he was tenure-track material, so he was never offered a job
> leading to a permanent position. *
>
> So, to make a short story long, a professor with tenure has lots of
> academic freedom. *A tenure track professor who hasn't gotten tenure yet
> better watch everything they say or do, or there's up to 18 years of
> work down the drain for one little thing (4 years as an undergraduate,
> up to 7 years to get a Phd and up to 7 years to get tenure). *And I
> don't think they get another chance elsewhere, depending on the
> circumstances. *A "temporary" faculty member doesn't have much to lose,
> but still, if they **** enough people off, they won't get renewed and
> word can spread that they are a troublemaker, so they'll have trouble
> getting other jobs nearby.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Yes, Dan, exactly. My situation was that I was a PhD candidate who was
teaching classes as part of my PhD program. I was not "fired" from
FSU.I left on excellent terms with everyone. I graduated from FSU
with my PhD and the particular college I taught in at FSU, the College
of Social Work has a policy against hiring their graduates as faculty
for five years after graduation. That is the reason I left. I left in
good standing, with good teaching evaluations and letters of
reference. The postings you see here by anonymous people who are
posting this libel that I was "fired" accompanied by lies that were
completely manufactured from whole cloth, come from people who have a
vendetta against me because I have published scholarly criticism in
journals of a therapy they promote. My co-authors have been subject to
the same sort of smear campaign. For details:

http://psychjourney_blogs.typepad.com/monica_pignotti_/

Why he chose to post to a group about cooking makes no sense to me,
but then again, none of his postings about me have made any sense.
Maybe because he is cooking up lies? Your guess is as good as mine.

It's true, though, even if I had called for the complete eradication
of the internet, even as a lowly PhD student adjunct, I would not have
been dismissed for that because there is academic freedom, even for
student adjuncts and people have said far more radical things than
that and have not been fired. None of the statements made about me are
true, though and I certainly have never, ever denigrated any other
faculty member. My stalker has a very sick imagination.

Monica