Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] williammaw@aol.com is offline

Default Sea salt fine grind

On Feb 6, 2:47*pm, Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> Why not use regular salt for your fried rice? I seriously doubt you will
> taste any difference between regular table salt and finely ground sea
> salt in your fried rice.

I read on the internet that the processing methods of the table salt
(mined salt) strips away the ingredients that balance the effect of
sodium on your body, whereas they are present in the sea salt. The
author states that even though the amount of those balancing
ingredients are very small, they have a measurable effect on your
body, and further suggests to switch sea salt for table salt for a
week if in doubt. So, this is the second day and the second meal.