Wayne Boatwright

Default Spice Cake Mix for Fruit Cake?

Dan Wenz > wrote in news:l_ednWOB8szdOH6iRVn-
:

> My wife has a box of Betty Crocker spice cake mix and would like to know
> whether anyone has a recipe for a fruit cake using that mix. I don't see
> one at their website, and I've become overloaded with Google's results
> for fruit cakes but not a specific recipe using the above combination.

As a long time baker of various fruitcakes, I cannot imagine using an
ordinary cakemix for the batter. Fruitcakes are geenrally made with a
batter more akin to poundcakes. If I were forced to use a mix, I would
choose a poundcake mix. Ordinary cake mixes produce too airy and light a
cake to properly support the fruitcake ingredients.

Wayne