Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers?

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I've got 6 nice red bell peppers and a bunch of bulk Italian sausage I
> made. I'm googling the pepper recipes but I'm not sure what else to
> make. I can make some bread and I've got stuff for a fresh salad.
> I've got a package of gnocchi and several types of pasta. I can use
> store bought spaghetti sauce or make a gorgonzola sauce. Or use the
> gorgonzola in the peppers and use the store stuff for pasta.
>
> I'm kinda overwhelmed and cornfuzed. What's usually served with
> stuffed peppers? Is stuffed peppers even an Italian dish or is it an
> American thing?

I don't think it's Italian. Every response I've read to this thread
assumes rice in the stuffing. That's how we make them, but if you
don't, then that certainly affects what to have with it. We stuff ours
with hamburger, rice and a little onion. It is flavored with chili
powder and there is tomato sauce. For that, we find that corn goes well
with it.

> Louise turns 29 today and I'd like to make a nice meal for her.

That's sweet of you, Lou. It's not every day that a woman turns 29.

:-) (evil laugh)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA