Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers?

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:51:50 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>I've got 6 nice red bell peppers and a bunch of bulk Italian sausage I
>made. I'm googling the pepper recipes but I'm not sure what else to
>make. I can make some bread and I've got stuff for a fresh salad.
>I've got a package of gnocchi and several types of pasta. I can use
>store bought spaghetti sauce or make a gorgonzola sauce. Or use the
>gorgonzola in the peppers and use the store stuff for pasta.
>
>I'm kinda overwhelmed and cornfuzed. What's usually served with
>stuffed peppers? Is stuffed peppers even an Italian dish or is it an
>American thing?

Anything peppers (all kinds of peppers) is definitely Americas. What
to serve with stuffed peppers is based on with what your stuffing
contains. Most folks stuff peppers with a meat n' rice combo and
include a sauce... really only needs a salad, beverage, n' dessert. If
you omit the rice (as I do) then you may serve a starch with your
meat and vegetable dish... with stuffed peppers I happen to like a
garden salad and/or three bean salad served with potato salad... I
prepare potato salad often, I don't think of it as company or picnic
fare. Btw, the potato is Americas too. There really isn't much
attributed to Italy. The Eyetalians are all the time attempting to
hijack, but then they do excel in pickpocketing and whoring.