Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

Brick wrote:

> Howdy Ed. I have one souce only for Italian bread and I don't know
> where they get it from. It's brought in daily to the store and it is
> placed in wrapper
> sleeves after it gets there. (It arrives naked). And to agree with
> you, Subway
> isn't even close to the Itailian bread that I buy at Cacciaore Bros
> Mkt. Nor
> can I buy similar bread at any of the big box supermarkets, even
> those that bake their own bread.

IMO, i tis worth the extra step or miles to find good bread. Fast food in
this country is rather sad in many cases. Sure, some is tolerable and
MdDonald's fries are a tasty snack at times, but most sandwiches are really
second rate or worse. What saddens me is the fact that people accept this
poor quality as being good. They've never had the quality ingredients and
accept this stuff as normal.

If you travel in Italy, the sandwiches on the Autostrade (turnpike) rest
stops are fantastic. Crusty bread, good meats and cheeses. Last time I ate
a meatball in a US sandwich shop was 45+ years ago. That was from a shop
across from the grocery store that I worked in after school and we supplied
the ground beef for them.