Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

On 31-Dec-2009, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Jerry Sauk wrote:
> >>>

> >> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
> >> you actually get to eat some real bread.

> > It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
> > there in the store.

> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to probably
> 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the soft stuff at
> Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa, Esposito, or many
> others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's or Sepvula's are my
> first
> choices, but there are others.

Howdy Ed. I have one souce only for Italian bread and I don't know where
they get it from. It's brought in daily to the store and it is placed in
wrapper
sleeves after it gets there. (It arrives naked). And to agree with you,
Subway
isn't even close to the Itailian bread that I buy at Cacciaore Bros Mkt.
Nor
can I buy similar bread at any of the big box supermarkets, even those that
bake their own bread.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)