Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

In article >,
"cshenk" > wrote:

> I love to cook, when health permits it. I have quite a few good dishes but
> none of them involve gravy making (unless something fairly au'jus is
> applicable). Meantime, I have 2.5G of perfect turkey stock, some of which
> is reducing now on the stove. Since my guests (who made the gravy) didnt
> need all the pan drippings, the rest went in the stock pot (my normal thing
> to do with them to enrich the stock).

Ooh, THANKS for that idea luv. :-)

I'm saving the turkey bones and carcass this year and wanted to make
soup and since I made the gravy ahead of time and just used that roasted
chicken stock, I still have my turkey drippings in a container in the
'frige!

They will be defatted now and used in the upcoming soup, thanks!

I'll probably make cream of turkey soup and add mushrooms. It's still up
in the air at the moment.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein