Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_17_] PeterL[_17_] is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

"cshenk" > wrote in
:

> "PeterL" wrote
>> "cshenk" wrote in

>>> Also sometimes just a factor of time, made the jar the one of choice.
>>> Like, the year I had a whole ship division over for T-day and fed 22

>> Did you use the gravy mix I sent you? (I *think* I sent some anyways!!)

> hehehe you sent 2. One got used by Don in the crockpot and he didnt
> remember the type, only that it came 'out of that box that guy sent you'
> and there's a ?Gravlax'?

Gravox.

Gravlax is fish, isn't it??

> wheat based one in there still I have yet to
> try.
>
> Americans are terrribly totally at this one day (even me) so *specific*
> about things, that that box wont fit. It has no 'turkey' in is so
> forgive me my friend, 'aint gonna be used that day'.
>
> Heeehe I have to laugh because even I get so totally 'has to fit my
> tradition' on that day that I will refuse to make something no matter
> how much it probably fits a menu if it doesnt fit my mind view of that
> day. Most of us here are as mindlessly insensitive of anything that
> doesnt fit our own tradition on this day although we will accept
> additions on the table toi try as long as our basics are there.

We call it "having blinkers on" :-)

>> I actually bought some more the other day, not that we use it. But I've
>> found my pooch has a penchant for any sort of gravy over her meat or
>> doggie biscuits :-)

> Grin, you sent me pooch gravy? Ohh man. grrrr. Then again, havent
> tried that one yet. Maybe I like pooch gravy!

Nah, not pooch gravy, human gravy that my pooch has a liking for :-)

*Although*......... I cooked up some chicken wings a few days back. The SO
says "I didn't know we had any in the freezer, and why has the bag been
sawn in half by the butcher??"

I had to tell her I'd bought them for the pooch, and as it was a 2kg bag,
got the butcher to make them 1kg lots, and I just *felt* like some chicken
wings and salad.

Her response...... "Great...... now you're feeding me dog food!!!"

But , yeah, you should like the 'pooch gravy'. HINT: if you steam veges,
or boil veges, save the water and use it to make the gravy with.

> What mucks with cat's over time tends to be lack of liquid intake. 3 TB
> at 'lunch' of bone stock or other (dashi which is fish based) is what
> she gets. Cash-pup gets about 1/2 cup of same. Both have arthritis
> issues that are receeding instead of progressing although the cat is
> doing better at that with now only minimal signs while cash-pup is just
> obviously feeling more comfortable even as we enter winter here.

Sounds like something a few of us human should be doing to help the old
arthritis!!

Here's an old time remedy for you (humans)......

Put 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in 600ml bottle of water. Drink
one 600ml bottle *every* day.

It keeps the mossies and midges at bay, cleanses your liver (which is what
we could all do with now and then!!) and actually helps take away
arthritis pain.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane