Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default REVIEW: Trader Joe's Savory Broth Chicken Flavor

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:01:58 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:22:11 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:35:37 -0400, Zeppo wrote:
>>

>>> I've been having trouble finding decent smoked paprika, so I want to sample
>>> theirs and see if it will do. I recently had to dump a bottle of McCormick's
>>> premium as it didn't have any smoky flavor at all. I also need some file for
>>> gumbo.
>>>
>>> Jon

>>i like penzeys smoked spanish paprika. their chipotle power is good, too.
>>

> Do you like Penzy's because you've tried others (recently?) and found
> them lacking or Penzy's is the only one you've ever tried?

you got me there. i used to buy the hungarian paprika

<http://www.amazon.com/Szeged-Sweet-Paprika-Powder-Oz/dp/B0012690UC>

....but it was not smoked. i don't recall seeing the chipotle powder in my
usual shopping haunts.

your pal,
blake