Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftovers tonight

Gloria P wrote:

> Moussaka, left over from last night, with butternut squash.
>
> The moussaka was tastier than last night when Husband took
> it out of the freezer, made the bechamel according to the recipe I had
> taped to the top, and had it baking so it was almost ready when I got
> home from my volunteer day.
>
> You could have knocked me over with a feather--it's the first time he
> has cooked a meal in our 43 years, other than the outdoor grilling
> portion of occasional dinners.
>
> He was suitably thanked.
>
> See, there's always hope....

Thank goodness I have used up the leftover turkey. I am done with it for
a while. My wife made a nice Turkey Divine on Tuesday. It is a great way
to use up leftover turkey.... layers of turkey, broccoli and white sauce
then topped with grated Parmesan. However..... I discovered last night
that leftover Turkey Divine is not very good. The turkey is drier, the
sauce is drier, the broccoli is foul. Grilled steaks tonight!!