John Gaughan

Default Dumb Question - Cooking Sausage in Microwave

Jedi Master CK wrote:
> My problem is that My Daughter doesn't like it "crusty" brown if you
> know what I mean...

My wife is the same way. I always grill sausages until they have a nice,
crusty shell around them. I like to hear a crunch when I bite into them.

Sometimes what I do cook them in a frying pan with a little bit of water
in the bottom. I add the water, then add oregano and thyme, heat it up,
and add the sausages. I turn them often to cook evenly. Covering them
can be a good idea so it traps the heat and helps cook them evenly,
avoiding the crusty layer.

My personal opinion is that the microwave is for reheating leftovers or
melting stuff like butter or chocolate, not for cooking. I would never
cook sausage in the microwave. But that is just me. I'm weird :-)

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/