Posted to rec.food.cooking
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default How many layers is your lasagna?

zxcvbob wrote:

> Mine is (starting at the bottom): tomato sauce, noodles, ricotta,
> noodles, meat, just a little sauce, noodles, ricotta, noodles, sauce.
> Bake for about 45 minutes, top with grated mozzarella cheese mixed
> with a little oregano, and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
>
> It's good, but it tries to climb out of the pan during cooking. And
> when serving, it separates at the meat layer and the top slides off. So is
> there a better way to stack it? I think I have too many thin
> layers. And maybe the meat should be near the top instead of the
> middle.

4 to 6 layers are a good guideline.
For the "separating at the meat layer" issue, I don't experience that
because I make every layer with noodle, add the bechamel, add ragu' and andd
parmesan. All the layers are the same. Maybe the dry grated parmesan helps
keeping it all in place?
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza