Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Are Red and Yellow Bell Peppers More Nutritious than Green Ones?

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> brooklyn 1 wrote:
> >> Ripe bell peppers contain more sugar too, but they don't necessarily
> >> contain more vitamins/minerals than green bell peppers, they can actually
> >> contain less vitamins

> This is an interesting site if you like peppers.
>
> From: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=50
>

> "One cup of raw, chopped red peppers provides over 100% of the DV for
> vitamin C and vitamin A. Red peppers are also an excellent source of
> vitamin B6. In addition to beta-carotene, red peppers contain the
> beneficial phytonutrients lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
>
> Green peppers are a very good source of fiber, folate, and vitamin K as
> well as the minerals molybdenum and manganese."
>
> gloria p

Nice. I think I'll be getting more of those for Freya. I wonder if
she'd eat them better if I sliced them up for her? She likes to chew a
hole in the side of a bell pepper to get at the seeds. Same for anaheims
and jalapenos.

The last bag of parrot mix I bought for her (Natural Harvest) had a
larger number of dried peppers in it than I'd ever seen in a parrot mix.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: