Posted to rec.food.cooking
sqwertz sqwertz is offline

Default Are Red and Yellow Bell Peppers More Nutritious than Green Ones?

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:26:36 -0700 (PDT), qquito wrote:

> Hello, Everyone:
>
> The red, yellow and orange bell peppers are usually much more
> expensive than the green ones. What is the reason? I do find they also
> taste better than the green ones, but are they more nutritious than
> the green ones?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!

Peppers other than green take longer to grow, don't last as long on
the shelves, and when ripened on the plant they inhibit new pepper
growth. All of which the growers don't like (especially that last
reason). So they charge a lot more.

-sw