Posted to rec.food.equipment
jt august[_3_] jt august[_3_] is offline

Default Who Makes the Best Manual Can Opener?

In article 7>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> I need to replace my can opener. I am not interested in electric or battery
> operated models or those which also remove the top rim of the can. I'd
> prefer one that's easy to clean, even dishwasherable if possible.
>
> All suggestions considered.
>
> Thanks!

I have a swing-away that I got when I worked for the machine shop that
made the blades and gear for swing-away. That was 11 year ago. Since
then, the company owner has passed on, and his widow sold the company.
I understand that it is now made in China, and not so good anymore. I
wash my "vintage" swign-away in the dishwasher, no problem. If you can
find one used and verify it is 6 years old or more, then it is the
older, made in the USA ones, and those will last.

jt