Default Crispy Walnut Shrimp

i got the following from http://www.hungrymonster.com
they have a TON of other chinese recipes==here's the exact link:

http://www.hungrymonster.com/recipe/...ch=Chinese&ttl
=630

Honey-Walnut Prawns
Course : Chinese

Serves: 4
Ingredients:

1/2 cup walnuts
5 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 cups oil
16 medium prawns -- peeled and cleaned
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon condensed milk
1/2 cup oil
*
Preparation:

Here's a goody. I normally shy away from Western influenced Chinese recipes
and would never have fixed this one on my own. It calls for such non-Chinese
things as milk and mayonnaise. My room mate fixed it the other night though,
and it was excellent. He was trying to duplicate a dish that he and his date
had at a Chinese place a while back and apparently, this is almost it.
Laurie suggested it would be closer to the restaurant dish by just dusting
the shrimp with cornstarch rather than making a batter. I imagine that it
would be good either way. It certainly is good this way! Rinse walnuts, then
boil in 5 cups water, continually changing water until clear. When clear,
boil with sugar until sugar dissolves. Heat 2 cups oil until almost smoking,
then deep-fry walnuts until they're shiny and brown, no longer golden.
Remove walnuts to cookie sheet, let cool. Mix cornstarch and egg whites
together to form a thick, sticky texture and mix well with prawns. Set
aside. Mix honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice and condensed milk in a medium
bowl until smooth. Heat oil until boiling, then deep fry prawns until golden
brown. Drain, then fold in honey-mayonnaise mixture. mix well, sprinkle with
walnuts, and arrange on platter.
*