Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Billy[_6_] Billy[_6_] is offline

Default Quick wine made from store-bought concentrate

In article >,
Luc Volders > wrote:

> Have you tried making wine with these juices.
> The sulphite level might just be low enough to get
> a fermentation going.
>
> Otherwise you could aerate the juice. That means splashing
> the juice from one container to another. This binds free sulphite
> and at the same time introduces oxygen in the juice.
> Then when using a real strong yeast starter you are likely to get
> fermentation starting.
>
> Luc

The SO2 is already bound to the sugar. You would have to hit it with
sodium hydroxide to dislodge it. Unbound is more active in low pH
environments. One splash is good. Like pouring it into your fermenter.

--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn