Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default What to do with soft or overripe tomatoes....besides the obvious

In article >,
"Garland Grower" > wrote:

> ??
> I can do salsa and pasta sauce all day, any other suggestions?
> I have beautiful heirlooms, but more than we can sell and some get very soft
> very quickly.
>
> Rita
> Zone 7b-8a

Do you have a food shelf in your community? See if they'll enjoy your
excess. What about canning them? Or you can just freeze them whole
(core them first) and slip the skin when you want to COOK with them
‹they'll not be salad material.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009