Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Precooked hamburger patties

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> > I can't even eat pre-formed patties that I cook myself. A few months
>> > ago, I bought some at my mother's supermarket, put out by a local farm.
>> > They were awful. For another data point, I tried the organic patties
>> > from Trader Joes. They were awful. For the sake of completeness, I
>> > tried
>> > the patties from my supermarket. They were awful. And so I went back to
>> > grinding my own meat.

>> Well, these were very good. My husband went back for seconds.

> Did you check the ingredients to be sure there weren't any filler or
> flavor-enhancing ingredients?

Yep. Because of our food allergies, I ALWAYS check ingredients. Perhaps we
are luckier than most because in this area there is a big demand for organic
and natural foods. ALL of the stores in this area are carrying them now.
Most have a huge organic food section but some have the organic foods
integrated with the regular foods. The store where we do most of our
shopping carries mainly organic foods with some regular foods mixed in.
I've been told it is comparable to Whole Foods but with better prices.