Old Hound Old Hound is offline
Banned

around 150-160 C should be an ideal temperature.....

Ummm... u might want to check out this place. Likely that you'll find an answer here - The Dark Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wenz View Post
I baked a pound cake this morning, and, to avoid future use of the
wife's wooden skewers, thus incurring her wrath, I decided to measure
the internal temperature with my digital thermometer after visual check
and a one-time use of one skewer, for future reference so that I might
use internal temperature rather than shoving sharp objects into the cake.

I checked the temperature (Lazily, in only one location), which was
208°F/98°C after removing the cake from the oven, 1hr45' after starting
in a Bundt pan, from a cold oven set at 325°F/163°C. In future, I'll
check several areas just before removing the cake, but as a one time
"cheap and dirty" check, I wonder whether any of you folks have
performed the same "experiment" with a pound cake also.