Lucian Wischik

Default why don't my hard boiled eggs peel?

Dimitri wrote:
>Before peeling, it's important to crackle the shells until
>they have a fine network of lines all over. Eggshells usually come off much
>more readily, without tearing the whites, when they're in small pieces
>rather than large chunks."

I've seen that advice repeated everywhere. I think it's completely
wrong. Egg-peeling is much easier when the shell is uncracked. That's
because a single lift with your finger removes 1/3 of the shell in a
single move. Is anyone else with me in the anti-everywhere-crackle
camp? if there are enough of us we could march on Washington.

--
Lucian