Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Sauce: How much molasses to substitute for brown sugar?

" > wrote in message
> How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rob
> Q 4 All

Brown Sugar Substitute

For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

Dimitri