Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Do you need to peel carrots?

On 2009-05-09, Theron > wrote:
> More about carrots. If you're making a stew or braised dish, do you need to
> peel the carrots? Why can't you just scrub them thoroughly. I think there's
> more flavor in the skin, and most likely there's more vitamin and nutrient
> content near the surface.
> Any thoughts?
> Does anyone do this?

An interesting question, Theron. I, for one, think the skin just a tad too
bitter to include in dishes, so always thoroughly peel them. I can
understand how some folks might appreciate this slightly bitter factor, but
I like my carrots as sweet as I can get 'em. As for the vits/nuts, I get
all I need from beer.

nb