Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default jerky - best cut of beef to use

"John O" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>>I made jerky for the first time a few days ago. I used sirloin tip
>>> and was generally happy with the results, but it was a bit too dry and
>>> tough. Are there any other cuts of meat that would produce a more
>>> moist and tender jerky?
>>>
>>> Also, the meat was cut with the grain on my slicer at a 1/4 inch
>>> thick. Rather than cutting it into smaller strips, I left it in larger
>>> sheets, probably a good six inches across. Is it better to cut it
>>> into more narrow strips?

>> London Broil is round steak

> London broil is a dish, not a cut.

Actually Safeway, Vons, Pavillions, Kroger, Ralphs, Food 4 Less, Albertsons
and most other supermarkets sell ROUND as London Broil.

Please feel free to look at the weekly ads on laine starting tomorrow
morning for Zip 91350.

If you're not sure how to do that I'll send the URL starting in the morning.

Dimitri