Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default jerky - best cut of beef to use

Dimitri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
>>> London Broil is round steak and This Xmas I made 30 Lbs - starting
>>> weight.
>>> partially freeze first to ease the slicing.

>> Sounds good, thanks. Do you think chuck would work well also?

> IMHO Chuck has to much fat and smoked fat is not a good mouth feel/taste.
>
> Dimitri

Seems to me that if you smoke chuck for a long time, that most of the fat
renders and runs off as liquid grease. The rest imparts flavor. Of course,
I've never made jerky yet. But I've done a few chuck rolls and they come
out moist and delicious. The leftover smoked beef is awesome in burritos or
in chili or beef curry.

Grant