Posted to rec.food.cooking
dejablues dejablues is offline

Default Marinated Garlic Cloves recipe?

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "dejablues" > wrote in message

>>> If you love those at Whole Foods why bother peeling a pound of garlic
>>> cloves, and by the time you buy the garlic and the marinade ingredients
>>> you will probably save nothing.

>> My grocer sells a pound of peeled garlic cloves for $1.99.
>>

> I don't buy those. To me bottled garlic tastes like garlic gone bad.

No, no. This isn't bottled garlic, it's just peeled cloves in a plastic tub
or a baggie. They're fresh, this is actually my butcher shop that sells a
variety of groceries also but they have enough volume to justify selling the
peeled cloves, I guess. Unless I've just harvested the tomato crop and am
making sauce, it's more than I can use but I might get some now and pickle
them.

I lost my garlic press years ago, I mash it with a knife as well. I also
have a relative that eats whole cloves - you really don't want to sit next
to him sometimes!