Eric

Default Old Charmglow Grill

Yip Yap wrote:

> You are very lucky to already have a natural gas line in place.
> Would it be possible to connect a different grill to this
> gas line?
>
> If you are willing to spend that much on repairs, you should
> consider spending $400 to replace the whole thing with a new
> natural gas Weber. The Weber does a very fine job of cooking,
> and I seriously doubt that your refurbished Charmglow will be
> able to beat it.
>
> -- Yip

Hi Yip,

Thanks for the reply. I had not been aware of the $400 Weber (I had
thought they started at $550/$600) so I'm glad you pointed this out.

If it is going to take the full $170 to fix I might look at the Weber.
Hopefully though it will take about $50, I'll just have to investigate
each part more fully.

Yes, I'm very lucky to have the gas line in place. I think it would be
possible to connect another grill to the line -- it would probably
involve removing the post and installing some sort of plug-in valve for
the Weber's hose.

I'll continue to weight my options, but am now glad to have another
option to consider. I've got an email into the people selling the
replacement parts for their opinion (I can probably predict what it
might be), but in the meantime I might go do some looking at grills.

Best,
Eric