Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Safeway "Rancher's Reserve"

Paul & Robin Barrett wrote:

> Anyone else figure out that this much touted, supposedly superior, "grade"
> of beef has been quietly downgraded from USDA Choice to USDA Select, at
> least for some cuts? I found out when I bought a whole rib roast which was
> still in the cryovac wrap from the packing house and was identified as
> Select. Never would have known had they cut it up and put it in the display
> case.
>
> Paul Barrett

Figures. Just another way to get the bottom lines to look better to the
shareholders and such. Akin to decreases in the packaging contents
sizes and increase in prices. Lower the cost of the components and
ingredients, etc. Many folks, for example, never notice that packages
of something went from 16 ounces to 14 ounces to 13 ounces, and so
forth, and yet the prices remain the same or even increased.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice