Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] aem_again@yahoo.com is offline

Default REQUEST: Clay Pot Chicken

On Apr 6, 1:40*am, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> Bullhit. *The whole reason they have a steam chimney in the center is
> because it is meant for STEAMING. *Have you ever even seen one? *I don't
> think you have. *Googe Yunnan pot.

A regular clay pot or sand pot is just a pot, meant for slow cooking
or braising. No steam chimney. The Yunnan pot you are talking about
is a specialized design. It is, as you say, meant for steaming, (and
soup-making) but it is not what most people mean when they say "clay
pot." I'd be very surprised if the OP had a Yunnan pot. -aem