Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paco[_5_] Paco[_5_] is offline

Default What's a substitute for Pernod?

"Kris" > wrote in message
> Good evening all,
>
> I want to make a recipe that calls for 1 TB of pernod.
>
> I am not buying a whole bottle of expensive liquor for THAT little!
> What else would be a sub for it? Sambuca (which I don'thave either)??
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Kris

Many liquor stores (package stores, agencies, etc.) carry "airline"
bottles, about a shot's worth. Great for cooking with. I've been using
them for a few years now; they cost a little bit more, per unit measure, but
better than buying booze that's not going to get consumed in a reasonable
amount of time. Also started buying those 4-packs of wine for cooking, as
we're not big wine drinkers.