Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Difference between marinara & pasta sauce?

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:41:29 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:45:04 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
> >
> >> 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel -- (Carol's addition)

> >I thought you didn't like Italian sausage because of the fennel seeds.
> >Am I not remembering correctly?

> I adore fennel seeds. I always have both whole and ground fennel
> seeds on hand. Must be someone else.

I thought we used to have somebody on rfc who didn't like fennel, but we
all got together and drummed them out of here.

:-)

Just kidding, of course. My father used to keep a pepper grinder on the
table in the kitchen, loaded with fennel seeds. He'd add a couple of
grinds to all sorts of food.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA