Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris Marksberry[_2_] Chris Marksberry[_2_] is offline

Default Limburger Spread

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Mon 23 Feb 2009 12:10:41p, Chris Marksberry told us...
>
>> Has anybody tried the New Amish Country Limburger Spread? Unfortunately
>> it's not available where I live other than mail order.
>>
>> Since Kraft discontinued making limburger we do miss it, but
>> unfortunately
>> the shipping is $15.00 for something that only costs $3.59.
>>
>> http://www.williamscheese.com/?Home&page_id=1
>>
>> Can't say I expect many responses since most people don't care for
>> limburger.
>>
>> Chris

> We were very disappointed when Kraft discontinued the Mohawk Valley
> Limburger
> Spread and seen or tried anything else since then. I am not willing to
> spend
> several times the cost of product for shipping. I can buy various brands
> of
> limburger in the block, but we're not as fond of that.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

Wayne,

My husband has emailed the company that makes New Amish Country Limburger
Spread and also asked Kroger and HEB (sorry, primarily in Texas) to see if
they might be willing to carry it. You might want to try the same thing is
there is a store in your area that would be willing.

Chris