Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Limburger Spread

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:10:41 -0600, "Chris Marksberry"
> wrote:

>Has anybody tried the New Amish Country Limburger Spread? Unfortunately
>it's not available where I live other than mail order.
>
>Since Kraft discontinued making limburger we do miss it, but unfortunately
>the shipping is $15.00 for something that only costs $3.59.
>
>http://www.williamscheese.com/?Home&page_id=1
>
>Can't say I expect many responses since most people don't care for
>limburger.
>
>Chris

Making great limburger seems to be a lost art.
We had two small cheese makers in our area that used to make excellent
limburger but, after they were bought out by the mega-cheese factories
the limburger was discontinued.
Whenever we crossed the border into NY state we always made it a point
to pick up at least a couple of pounds of Mohawk Valley Limburger and
also the MV Limburger spread to bring back home. I don't know how long
ago Kraft purchased Mohawk Valley but, I understand they have now
discontinued making Limburger. Sad.
People that don't like Limburger just don't appreciate great cheese!

Ross.