Dimitri

Default Tomato-less BBQ sauce?

"Scott T. Jensen" > wrote in message
> I've found out that I'm allergic tomatoes. Does anyone know of a good
> tomato-less BBQ sauce?
>
> Just FYI, I'm also allergic to cream sauces (things heavy with dairy),

nuts,
> chocolate, and cloves.
>
> Scott Jensen

Here are 2:

~Moroccan BBQ sauce
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Large pinch of ground black pepper
1 T paprika
3 T minced fresh coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ginger powder

Baste over your favorite meat while grilling.

~Moroccan Grilling blend with Honey:

makes about 3/4 cup

3 T dried ground orange peel or zest of 3 oranges grated fine
2 T ground cumin
2 T ground coriander
2 T ground ginger
2 T crushed hot chilis (may use paprika for milder flavor)
1 T course ground black pepper
1 T dried oregano
1/2 T turmeric
1/2 T ground cinnamon
1/2 T sea salt
1/2 T honey

Use fresh orange peel only if you are going to use up all your spice blend
on a big batch of protein. Rub the ingredients together except the honey.
Work each 2 T of spice mix into 1/2 T of honey. Rub into chicken, fish or
lamb.