Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default What foods taste good without salt?

James > wrote:

>I need to reduce my sodium intake and like to learn to make easy low
>sodium food or at least edible food without salt. I've tried low salt
>canned vegetables and they are bad.

The answer is: they all taste good without salt, but *only*
once you've adjusted for a time to a no-added-salt diet.
If you are very strict about not adding salt and eating
only low sodium food, after awhile you will not miss it.
Unfortunately, restaurants do not cooperate with this,
and even eating occasionally in a restaurant will blow
your low-sodium conditioning and you will start to crave
salt again.

You can think of salt as an addiction and you're not too
far off.

Steve