Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default What is a substitute for kitchen twine?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:33:25 -0800 (PST), Kris >
wrote:

>Not wanting to torment myself further, I'm wondering if something else
>would work in its place. I was thinking of (heavy duty) thread.
>That's all I have besides sisal/twine - which I'm afraid would shed
>into the meat/sauce!
>
>What do you guys think?

Check out your local kitchen supply house. Maybe Williams-
Sonoma, Kitchen Collection, etc. Look for silicone ties. They
are a little like those plastic handcuffs, but made of food-
grade silicone. They can be wrapped around your braciole,
do not taint the food, and can be unsnapped before
serving. Dishwasher safe and reusable.

Look here...

http://marketplace.hgtv.com/Product....7EB1C&From=iFP

HTH,